- If you charge from 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, and at any time on the weekends, the cost to charge will be about half the normal cost of energy.
- If you charge from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday though Friday, the cost to charge will be about double the normal cost of energy.
Additional $4.95 monthly service charge for the additional EV meter.
To participate in the EV Pricing Plan, you will need to have a second meter installed. You’ll need to work with a certified electrician to install a meter socket and perform any additional wiring. The upfront cost of this work will vary per house and depend heavily on the distance between your chargnig location and the location of your current service panel and electric meter.
- Before continuing, visit our Home Charging Advisor to find the program and pricing that best fits your lifestyle. This program is best option for less than 10% of our customers.
- If the EV Pricing Plan, involving a separate meter and service is best for you, complete this application form.
- Contact an electrician for an estimate on the meter housing equipment installation. Check out this list of EV electricians who are familiar with our EV Pricing Plan.
- Work with your electrician to send completed inspection document to Builders.Call.Line@xcelenergy.com.
- After our teams receive your inspection documents and verify your applications, we will visit your home and install the new meter next to your existing one.
- As soon as the second meter is installed and the service is energized, you can start charging and saving.
The meter diagrams provide a visual guide for how the additional meter may connect to your current service. We recommend working with your electrician to connect in a way that makes sense for your location.
For more information about the EV Pricing Plan, email us at ElectricVehicles@xcelenergy.com or call 800-895-4999 to speak to one of our energy advisors.